Academy Council Members
Who we are:
|Simon Atkinson||Foundation Member and Chair||01/07/2015 - 30/06/2019 by Bishop/Diocese||None||FPP Committee Chair, Admissions, Performance Management Chair, Discipline, New Member Induction|
|Father Neil Byrne||Foundation Member and Vice Chair||01/07/2015 - 30/06/2019 by Bishop/Diocese||None||FPP Committee, Admissions, Discipline, Complaints, RE, Child Protection/Safeguarding|
|Valerie Clemerson||Foundation Member||01/07/2015 - 30/06/2019 by Bishop/Diocese||None||School Development Plan Chair, Appeals, Complaints|
|Alexander Stappard||Foundation Member||01/07/2015 - 30/06/2019 by Bishop/Diocese||None||FPP Committee, Appeals, Discipline|
|Kathryn Dillon||Foundation Member||01/07/2015 - 30/06/2019 by Bishop/Diocese||None||School Development Plan Clerk, Appeals, Complaints, Inclusion/SEN|
|Alison Ashworth||Executive Headteacher||Ex-officio||None||FPP Committee, School Development Plan, Admissions, Discipline, Child Protection/Safeguarding, Global Link, Health and Safety|
|Liz Clarkson||Parent Member||15/07/2015 - 14/07/2019 Elected||None||FPP Committee, Complaints|
|Rachel Rouse||Head of School||Staff governor||None||FPP Comitee, SDP Comittee, Child Protection/Safeguarding, Admissions|
|Corrie Leach||Associate Member||01/09/2016 – 31/08/2017||None||SDP Member|
|Mark Gargan||Associate Member||15/09/2015 - 14/09/2016 Elected||None||Performance Management Clerk|
|Julie Glover||Associate Member||15/09/2015 - 14/09/2016 Elected||None||FPP Committee Clerk, Admissions Clerk|
|Mark Stephenson||Clerk to Academy Council||NA||NA|
What we do:
Academy Council Members are jointly responsible for the conduct of the school, ensuring that the best possible Catholic education is provided for the pupils attending the school.
We provide strategic direction to the school by:
- setting its aims and objectives
- establishing policies and targets to achieve them
- monitoring, evaluating and reviewing the progress of the school
As members of the Academy Council, we are the employers of the school staff, teaching and support, with the legal and ethical responsibilities of good employers. We each take on a serious responsibility and make available time and energy to:
- attend meetings;
- consider documents;
- undertake governor training;
- visit the school.
Foundation Members have an additional responsibility to preserve and develop the Catholic ethos and distinctive Catholic nature of our school.
1. At St. Joseph’s School link governors are appointed by the governing body to understand, oversee, monitor and report on their subject area especially focussing on any specific aspects of the School Improvement Plan. Link governors enrich the whole governing body's understanding of their particular area and contribute to informed decision making.
2. We also consider that link governors help the governing body to develop positive links with staff and create a visible and professional profile within the school.
3. There are additional link governors who have specific roles in supporting the governing body to fulfil its statutory responsibilities in areas such as Child Protection, Special Educational Needs, Looked After Children and Health & Safety.
Please see below for more information about the role of a Link Member: